Thursday, January 03, 2008

PSA: Matsuzaka vs. Kin-chan

Seen on a poster in Yokohama yesterday:

Charity Dream Match! Kin-chan vs. Daisuke Matsuzaka!

Yeah, so Kinichi Hagimoto's Ibaraki Golden Golds will be playing an exhibition game against Daisuke Matsuzaka and the Yokohama Samurai baseball club. I assume Matsuzaka will be at least throwing out a ceremonial first pitch, though I'm not sure whether he'll actually pitch in the game itself. It seems to imply he's leading the team, not playing on it (much like Kin-chan, who is like 66 years old and a baseball-team-owning comedian, not a baseball player).

It's at Yokohama Stadium on January 19th at 1:30pm (doors are at noon). Tickets are 3500 yen for reserved infield, 2500 yen for unreserved seats for adults, 1500 yen for unreserved seats for children, and take 500 off the price of each if you buy it before the day of the game.

Honestly, if it wasn't on a SATURDAY afternoon when I have work, I'd totally be there. I even saw the poster and was like "WHOA! GOLDEN GOLDS! MATSUZAKA! I'M SO THERE! WAIT! NO I'M NOT!" So apparently my quest to actually go to a Golden Golds game and cheer for Ayumi is put on hold for a bit longer... if any of you can actually go to this game, I'd love to hear about it afterwards, seriously!

No comments: