Monday, September 03, 2007

Yomiuri fans piss me off

I went to the Baystars-Giants game on Sunday with IcebreakerX. I'll post a more detailed game report in a bit, but for now, man, Giants fans really annoy me. It was bad enough seeing Ogasawara's clean-shaven doppleganger playing baseball, but even worse was seeing that the Giants fans can't even make up their own goofy player gags, they have to steal someone else's:



See, in the past, Fighters fans waved these blue inflatable dolphins when cheering for Ogasawara due to a commercial he did for the Ogasawara islands that had a jingle that basically translated to "Come see the dolphins on Ogasawara island..." (aka, "iruka ga iru"). Then Ogasawara signed with the Giants, and...

Yeah, this is just my standard dose of bitterness, mostly because I've been to four games since moving to Japan and haven't seen the team I was cheering for win one yet. This one was particularly sad because the Baystars kept getting the lead and just choking it up. At least I got to see Kizuka. And Kroon! Except Kroon also choked up 3 runs in the 10th. Sigh. I hate the Giants.

On the other hand, today is the 30th anniversary of Sadaharu Oh hitting his 756th home run. They had a TV special about it this afternoon around 1pm, which I watched while arguing with my laundry. Exciting.

No comments: