Thursday, September 21, 2006

Pictures and Book Club and Stuff

Ugh, I have a whole lot of things I want to write but not much mental energy. A side-by-side evaluation of Japanese stadiums has been in the forefront of my mind a bit, along with finishing off the MLB All-Cute Team, though now I'm suddenly inspired to try to do an NPB All-Cute Team as well. I expect to head to a bunch of the Mariners home games next week, so there'll be game reports then, too.

So, um. I put a random sampling of my non-baseball-related Japan pictures online if anyone wants to see them, because it was easier to go through the 500 non-baseball pictures first before fully diving into the 2500 baseball-related ones. It's some stuff from Nara, Asakusa, Hiroshima, etc, mostly castles and deer and the ferris wheels at Aichi and Yokohama. As far as baseball pictures go, what do y'all want to see? Players? Stadiums? Fans? Mascots? Cheer girls? Beer girls?

Also, I finally updated the sidebar and the book club page -- I was expecting the next book club to be October 7th. What time it's at depends on when people can meet. I was just asked to do another project that day that'll run until 6-7pm, so if people could meet that evening, it'd be great, or we can just put it off until after the postseason, maybe. I dunno. The book's going to be Rob Neyer's Big Book of Baseball Blunders, which is a really interesting and entertaining book. If you're interested in book club, I'm hoping to continue it past the baseball season, so any input would be great.

(Unfortunately, the baseball book I'm currently reading wouldn't exactly make the best book club candidate, plus it takes me like 5-10 minutes to read a page)

No comments: