Monday, June 19, 2006

A sweep at the wheel

Mariners 5, Giants 1

Barry Bonds got struck out twice by one of the only guys left in the major leagues older than he is, on the way to a Mariners sweep. At the same time, my softball team was getting clobbered 18-2 because only three of us could actually run, which was a bit of a problem. I still had fun, though.

Last night, I picked up a copy of Fantasyland, so that's the August book club book. I want to read it. So do you. We can all hang out and talk about the book and rant about our own fantasy baseball experiences. It'll be a blast. And since it's after an A's game and I have Nick Swisher on my fantasy team, I promise not to gloat too much when he hits like seven home runs that day.

The Herald posted what appears to be the Aquasox roster, and Brandon Morrow isn't on it. I was debating bussing up to Everett for the season opener tonight, but now I'm not so sure. We'll see.

Also, today is the birthday of Lou Gehrig... and Doug Mientkiewicz. I'm not sure there are many other reasons to put those two in the same sentence.

No comments: