Friday, June 30, 2006

Cabrera traded for Perez

I know, what delightfully common surnames.

Mariners acquire Perez from Indians

As in, Eduardo Perez. 36-year-old lefty-mashing first baseman. I realize that the Broussard-Perez platoon was a thing of beauty, but still.

We traded Asdrubal Cabrera for him. This makes me sad. I really liked Cabrera, and I think he has a lot of talent, even though I know he was blocked by Lopez and Betancourt. I think, like everyone else, my initial reaction is something to the effect of "Great, we needed a guy who can really hit lefties, but didn't we overpay for him, trading one of our best prospects for a guy who immediately becomes the second oldest player on our roster?" It'll take some time to sink in. I think we could have gotten more for Cabrera, but I guess it's a moot point.

Discussion at USS Mariner and at Lookout Landing.

Man, after the Haigwood-for-Castro trade the Phillies made this week, I'm just not sure what to think of anything anymore. I know I'm not a GM, but I feel doubly skunked this week.

Baseball Prospectus has an interesting interview with Adam Jones, if you want to remember that we have some other studs remaining in Tacoma.

Also, rumors say that Jeff Weaver's gonna be replaced by his little brother at long last. I like Jered Weaver. He's a monster.

(EDIT: It's now official. I especially like how the next article down on the Angels page is "Izturis brothers feel no rivalry".)

No comments: