Thursday, December 08, 2005

Re-Sign of the Ancient Mariner

It is an ancient Mariner,
Hath just turned forty-three.
"With my arm still strong and my fine control,
Now whatfor wouldst stop me?

The bullpen's doors are opened wide,
And I am here to play,
The contract's set, the fans are met,
So see you op'ning day!"


Yay! One more year of Jamie Moyer, for $5.5 million and stuff. I guess that's a little high, but eh. It'll be really interesting to see what he does next year, but I'm not particularly expecting him to kill an albatross yet or anything.

Oh, um, while we're at it, Yorvit "JoeJessica" Torrealba got traded to the Rockies for a sack of beans to be named later (apparently, a pretty good sack of beans), the Nationals traded Brad Wilkerson and Terrmel Sledge to the Rangers for a sack of overrated beans (my brother the Nats-head is going to be PISSED -- he's a big Wilkie Bluegrass fan), and the Reds traded the super-adorable Sean Casey to the Pirates for a sack of Dave Williams. I think this rocks for the Pirates -- they've got all these awesome young pitchers coming up, and Daryle Ward was the Worst First Baseman Known To Man, after all. I wonder what'll happen to Brad Eldred, though -- guess that remains to be seen. Still, the idea of Sean Casey and Jason Bay batting back-to-back in a lineup is pretty awesome, isn't it?

No comments: